Real estate litigation requires experienced attorneys who understand agreements, financing, ownership structures, real estate rules and regulations and secured transactions.
Pruitt & Pruitt represents property owners, developers, secured lenders, borrowers, landlords, tenants and other clients. We have the skills, experience, and access to legal resources necessary to help our clients maximize their opportunities and avoid unnecessary risks. We use our insight and experience of over 30 years to efficiently and effectively address both a long-term strategy and the legal details of cases before, during, and after litigation or dispute resolution.
We provide legal services to established businesses and entrepreneurs in all areas of real estate litigation and dispute resolution — from negotiating settlements, mediation, arbitration, litigation, trials, and appeals in various areas, including:
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Breach of contract claims
- Commercial leases — eviction & forcible detainer actions, rights of first refusal matters
- Development disputes
- Easement & encumbrance disputes
- Eminent domain disputes — fair market value, right to take disputes, urban redevelopment issues, relocation
- Governmental affairs, contracts, litigation
- Land development
- Land use and entitlements
- Lease agreement disputes
- Loan participation & other co-ownership arrangements — inter-creditor agreement, agent disputes
- Management & operating agreements — resort, hotel & shopping center operator issues, common area maintenance, reconciliation issues
- Ownership & title disputes
- Ownership structures — partnership, limited liability company, percentage disputes, dissolution, participation rights, termination, dilution issues
- Property appraisals & appraisers
- Property boundary disputes
- Purchase/sale contracts & options — acquisition, post-closing adjustment, performance & escrow matters, rescission, fraud/mistake claims
- Recover secured or unsecured assets
- Restructure financial obligations
- Residential, condominium & resort
- Residential home closing disputes
- Retail outlet disputes
- Retail, sports, entertainment, & mixed-use development
- Secured loans — foreclosure, receivership, guaranty enforcement, disbursement issues, lender liability, bad faith claims
- Shopping mall property disputes
- Title matters — bona fide purchaser/encumbrancer status, lien & ownership priority, easement rights, mechanic’s lien rights, adverse possession & other prescriptive rights, accretion/erosion issues
- Zoning & land use disputes
Learn more about how we can help you with your real estate litigation needs. Contact Pruitt & Pruitt at 864-224-3121 to schedule a free consultation.
To make an appointment, please call 864-224-3121 or use the form on this page to send us a note!